What: On Saturday, November 12, Xfinity digital video customers can have a ring side seat to the third installment in one of sweet science’s most fascinating, fierce and action-packed rivalries, when Fighter of the Decade Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao defends his title against Three-Division World Champion Juan Manuel Marquez. The event is available through XfinityTV Pay-Per-View live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
The first two meetings of one of modern boxing’s most evenly matched rivalries were memorable contests with very different results. In the first 2004 bout, Filipino superstar Pacquiao, an Eight-Division World Champion, made his mark early, dropping his Mexican-born foe three times in the first round, a disaster from which Marquez, a Third-Division title holder, battled back to a 12-round draw. Their 2008 rematch was a somewhat controversial split-decision won by Pacquiao, seemingly decided by a single knockdown landed by Pacquiao in Round 3, though Marquez out landed the Champ with punches.
Xfinity digital video customers can get primed for this battle royal by accessing a bounty of special bonus content and behind the scenes footage available now on Xfinity On Demand. XfinityTV HBO subscribers can also access this special content online at XfinityTV.com and through the XfinityTV app on the iPad®, iPhone® and iPod touch®. Highlights include:
· HBO Buzz: Experts Predict– A glitzy look at the fighters as the boxing experts predict who will win the hotly anticipated bout.
· HBO Buzz: Man on the Street Predicts– Boxing fans weigh in on which fighter they are rooting for and who will win in this 3rd match-up.
· Face Off– Pacquiao and Marquez face off with Max Kellerman, trading verbal jabs in this discussion about their upcoming fight.
· Greatest Hits: Pacquiao– Highlights of Manny Pacquiao’s greatest punches.
· Greatest Hits: Marquez– The biggest and best punches from Juan Manuel Marquez.
· Ring Life: Pacquiao– A look at the Pacquiao’s life and career in the world of boxing.
· Ring Life: Marquez– An insider peek at the life and training of boxer Juan Marquez.
· 24/7 Overtime Live – This pre-fight show sets the stage for the electric pay-per-view showdown between Pacquiao and Marquez. Interviews, observations and a look back at the leading personalities of the 24/7 series will all be part of the mix in the fast-moving presentation.
WHEN: Saturday, November 12, coverage starts at 7 PM/ET, 4 PM/PT. Behind the scenes footage and greatest hits are available now through November 15
WHere: Customers can go to the Xfinity On Demand Main Menu>Pay-Per-View Events to order ($54.99 SD, prices may vary by market). For behind the scenes footage and greatest hits, Xfinity digital video customers can go to the Xfinity On Demand menu under Top Picks>Pacquiao vs. Marquez. XfinityTV HBO subscribers can go to XfinityTV.com or through the XfinityTV app on the iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
About Comcast Cable
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq:CMCSA – News) (www.comcast.com) is one of the nation’s leading providers of entertainment, information and communications products and services. Comcast is principally involved in the operation of cable systems through Comcast Cable and in the development, production and distribution of entertainment, news, sports and other content for global audiences through NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable is one of the nation’s largest video, high-speed Internet and phone providers to residential and business customers. Comcast is the majority owner and manager of NBCUniversal, which owns and operates entertainment and news cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, local television station groups, television production operations, a major motion picture company and theme parks.